Brisket King of NYC Returns Wednesday, March 16th, 2016
What others are saying:
“The now annual ‘Brisket King’ competition has become a late winter staple amid New York City eventgoers, growing larger and larger with each passing year. With more than a dozen options to choose from – and with the many big names representing New York’s barbecue scene – it’s no surprise that the crown is such a highly sought after achievement.” - Local Bozo review of 2015 Brisket King of NYC
We’re in a new and bigger space this year at Sanders Studios, which will allow us to bring even more meaty awesomeness and possibly a “Brisket” week with details to follow. Expect two dozen chefs, plus spirits, wine, beer and VIP areas.
ALL-INCLUSIVE early bird tickets are $70, which are available only for the month of November. Tickets are available here. And be sure to check back closer to the event for updates.
Looking to compete or interested in being a sponsor? E-mail us today and we’ll reply with more information.
On Monday, March 16th, we crowned a brand-new Brisket King of NYC! The bragging rights went to Pitmaster Billy Durney of Hometown BBQ (Red Hook, Brooklyn) with his traditional smoked brisket.
- 1st place Smoked Category + 2015 Brisket King of NYC: Billy Durney of Hometown BBQ
- 2nd place Smoked Category: Matt Fisher, Fletcher’s Brooklyn Barbecue, with Brisket Bulgogi
- 1st place Innovation Category: Ari White, Wandering Que, with Sous Vide Brisket Nigiri with Lamb Bacon
- 2nd place Innovation Category: Fletcher’s Brooklyn Barbecue
- 1st place Cured Category: Bacsynski’s East Village Meat Market
- Honorable Mention: Morgan’s BBQ (Brooklyn)
For more photos, check out Local Bozo’s gallery here.
PREVIOUS NEWS FOR BRISKET KING 2015
Brisket King returns for a third year to a larger venue! Where else to crown the King of Brisket than in Kings County? That’s right, we’re heading for Brooklyn (Fort Greene) where 20+ chefs will compete for the glory of beef! Anticipated chefs/restaurants to be present (subject to change):
- Food Network Kitchens
- Beast of Bourbon in Brooklyn
- Chef Paul Denamiel
- Ben’s Best
- Hill Country BBQ
- Kimchi Smoke/Robert Cho
- Hometown BBQ
- Chef Brian Perrone (Slows in Detroit, MI)
- Morgan’s BBQ
- Pig Guy NYC
- The Wandering Que
- Dinosaur BBQ
- Ben’s Best Deli (Rego Park, Queens)
- Fletcher’s Brooklyn BBQ
- Chef Jesse Jones
- East Village Meat Market with chef David Navarro of Jimmy’s No. 43
In addition, we’ll have 15+ distilleries curated by Modern Distillery Age:
- Tap Whisky
- Brinley Gold Shipwreck Spiced Rum, Coffee Rum & Vanilla Rum
- Meletti 1870, Amaro & Cioccolato (Market Street Spirits – Opici)
- Teeling Irish Whiskey
- Michter’s Whiskey (Chatham Imports)
- Menage a Trois Vodka (Trinchero Family Estates)
- Pig’s Nose and Sheep Dip Blended Scotch Whisky, Sheep Dip Blended Islay Malt and The Feathery Blended Malt (all Frederick Wildman & Sons)
- Tito’s Vodka
- 4 Roses Bourbon
- Proof Positive Beverages (Golden Moon, Merlet, and Brovo Spirits)
- Scorpion Mezcal
Plus we’ll have both people’s choice and judges awards (special guest judges to include author Stevie Pierson [The Brisket Book], reps from Katz’s Deli, and chefs and personalities from The Food Network). Plus craft beer from Coney Island Brewing.